Tuesday 2 October 2012

OLD MAN’S ATTITUDE – A STRATEGY TO RAISE SALES ALTITUDE


In order to raise the sales of company or even small shop people do hell lots of advertisements either on TV, through Print Media, through social networking sites, putting banners and what not. These are also included in promotional strategies for any business unit. As you can view a line out of my poem  Customer, Whether it is Product Place Price or Promotion, What matters the most is the customer satisfaction. As per the concept of Marketing Myopia what most of the businessman make a mistake that they focus too much on a particular product and neglect the benefits, attributes and services that are to be delivered to the customer after selling that product.

Few weeks back I visited a shop in Mehdipatnam area of Hyderabad city in Andhra Pradesh. I had to purchase a pair of shoes from a decent shop. Being a person from middle class family I can’t afford the Branded shoes. Although the shops nearby that shop which I visited were having beautiful girls as sales persons and this shop had an old man as its sales executive, but still the youth(including both boys and girls) were attracted to this shop and not to other shops. I wondered that why despite of beautiful girls in the shops as sales executives why those shops don’t have so much of their customer base? First of all as a customer I thought that quality must not be up to the mark of the competitors as compared to this shop. But when I entered that shop and for purchasing shoes when I interacted with the old man who was sales executive of the shop I felt delighted with the behavior of this old man. He said following words to me Beta aap ye wala joota dekhiye, Nahin beta ye aapke pair me nahin aayega, Beta iss joote ko pehnoge to bade acche lagoge, Beta aapko joota pehenke koi taklif to nahi ho rahi hai etc. This made me realize that old man’s affection is always being needed to every individual and customers like youngsters always get attracted to the affection because the caring attitude of an old man in the shop generates a feeling of healthiness in the minds of individuals. This is also one of the strategies of differentiating from competitors.

Aditya Maheshwari
09912643316
dmaheshwari51@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment